What is GDPR and How it Affects You?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a set of laws aimed to enhance the protection of EU citizens’ personal data. Also, it increases the obligations for organizations regarding the transparent insurance of their business information and the security guarantees.
As Trujay works with customers from all over the world including EU citizens, we are absolutely compliant with GDPR.
Your core rights as an EU citizen according to the GDPR in terms of Trujay service:
- You have a right to know which elements of your data will be collected by Trujay
- You have a right to know why this data is gathered by us
- You have a right to allow or disallow the data collection during the very first interaction with the website/service
- You have a right to change/delete the personal data you’ve provided to Trujay
- You have a right to know how Trujay secures your personal data
- You have a right to deny the collection of some personal data
- You have a right to know how you can change/delete/discard the collection of your data
What does Trujay do to ensure GDPR compliance?
Much of the GDPR when it came into effect in May 2018 builds on the existing EU data protection framework which we are had already been working under for many months.
- Trujay informs the clients about the data we collect and what methods can be used to this point.
- We tell users how to avoid above-mentioned tracking and do not share their Private information.
- The Trujay team uses a Security Policy to help ensure the client’s data is safe.
- Trujay enables its clients to disallow collecting and processing of the Personal data at any time by contacting us.
- We will delete our user’s Personal data after getting a request mail from the user.
- The consumer can send us a request to see the collected data.
What kind of your data does Trujay collect?
To ease the customer journey using our service, we collect some of your personal information. Complying with GDPR regulations, we make sure that our customers are informed about all aspects of data collecting.
When creating Trujay account, you are asked to provide the following information:
- e-mail address
- phone number (optional)
When you visit Trujay website, our server records the information sent by cookies from your browser:
- web request (e.g. date, time, etc.)
- IP address
- browser type
- browser language
- one or more cookies identifying your browser
List of Sub-processors
Amazon Web Services
Hosting services, file storage, and backup services
Germany, United States
Internal company infrastructure
Website analytics and performance
Customer relations management
Atlassian inc. – Jira
Proprietary issue tracking product developed by Atlassian
Slack Technologies, Inc.
The small bits of text in data files are named Cookies. They can be integrated into your browser (on your computer or gadget) when you surf websites.
Their primary purpose is to collect bits of useful information about your interaction with the website. As well, it can help remember your setup, understand preferences, ease the further logging into a service and make it secure.
For that reason, Cookies are widely used by numerous websites and online service providers to ensure efficient and accurate work and get reporting information.
Notice that Cookies do not identify the person and are not software programs. So, they cannot install themselves or any other application on your computer/gadget.
Trujay website may request cookies be accepted on your device.
Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the offered services.
Other tracking technologies: Sometimes we use Inspectlet, HubSpot CRM, etc. These are tiny graphic files that contain a unique identifier to recognize you when you visit our Websites and track the activities. Or, in the case of web beacons, to see if the user opened an email we have sent.
How do we make sure that your data is 100% protected?
As we are working with personal data which we collect via our website/service and your CRM system data, we’ve developed a complex of measures to ensure data protection:
- network firewalls
- DDoS preventions (We use the latest hardware appliances and sophisticated perimeter security technologies, providing you with first-rate protection against large-scale DDoS attacks.)
- network posture assessment
- HTTPS-encrypted communication,
- role-based authorization,
- validation of all requests to ensure the security on the application level.
Find more info on all of the mentioned-above points here:
Why do we collect your personal data?
Due to the specifics of our services, we must/should collect your personal data to:
- Improve your customer journey on our website (web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, one or more cookies identifying your browser)
- Guarantee successful CRM data migration and integration (you must allow access to both source and target CRM.)
- Send you the important info on your migration and integration needs – estimates, results of the sample migration, and other (name, e-mail address)
- Contact you to clarify your requirements (via e-mail address, phone number)
What is Trujay’s data deletion and retention policy, and associated timescale?
Please note. The deleted data can not be restored. So, if the contact is removed, all the Personal data (name, email, password, phone number and info from Cookies) will be deleted as well as CRM access and migration results.
In short: we keep the CRM details for 30 days and delete them automatically after this particular period. Please, inform us if you want the CRM information to be removed earlier.
How is my data protected from accidental destruction?
We take security very seriously and have developed a comprehensive set of practices, technologies, and policies to help ensure your data is secure. Security is essential in working with customers’ information, Trujay team builds the service on effective and security-focused practices.
Trujay holds the following security points:
- Physical Security Layer
- Network Security Layer
- Application Security Layer
- Security Audits
Can I get access to the collected data whenever I want to?
Yes! Our client’s support is available during working business hours for our Europe and US locations, so you can easily contact us and get access to the collected data. To that, drop us a request mail here: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or simply start our online Chat.
Is there a written contract to ensure that Trujay process data in strong accordance with my demands?
Trujay process your personal data according to your instructions as Data Controller in accordance with our Terms of Service, Security Policy and Service Level Agreement.
Besides, we sign NDA agreements with our clients and consumers that wish to run a sample migration.
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update/delete/change any Personal Information we hold, or you have any doubts about the way we handle your privacy, please use send us a message to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or simply start our online Chat.
Disclaimer: Please bear in mind that this article should not be treated as legal advice in complying with the GDPR. The sole purpose of this article is to facilitate a better understanding of how Trujay is compliant with GDPR data privacy law.