How-To Guide: Migrate from Zoho CRM to Salesforce
Unlike martial arts, technology is continually changing, growing, and evolving.
CRMs are a life force for industries of all kinds. With so many out there, we must pick and choose CRMs that will be the most optimal for our business.
If you’re currently using Zoho CRM and looking to migrate to Salesforce, look no further. This post will explain exactly how to migrate from Zoho CRM to Salesforce with Trujay’s help.
Zoho CRM vs. Salesforce
It’s necessary to understand functionality, as with any business solution. It’s not a good match if a solution does not function as needed, can not support the workflows that matter to your team, and can not produce outcomes that align with your objectives.
To help you decide this, based on some of the most mission-critical CRM features: contact management, reporting, and mobile capabilities, we will compare Zoho and Salesforce.
For Android and iOS devices, both vendors provide native mobile apps-a definite benefit, given that many vendors only have a mobile web interface.
The mobile applications of Zoho include calendars and scheduling, geolocation, meeting check-ins, team news feeds, and access to the primary system, of course. If you lose cellular and wireless coverage, the app will automatically sync your data when you’re back online.
A similar collection of mobile functionality is offered by Salesforce: calendars, alerts, task management, mobile dashboards, file sharing, and more. With Salesforce, you can also directly dial-in conference calls from the app and then conveniently record notes.
In terms of usability, for either platform, there should not be many complaints, although Salesforce is currently ranked in the Apple App Store higher than Zoho.
Both platforms offer a range of tools for decision-makers to slice and dice sales data, customer acquisition, marketing campaigns, etc.
Without troubling your data analyst to manipulate and combine massive spreadsheets, Salesforce provides built-in dashboards and reports that help you monitor lead volume, conversion rates, sales forecasts, and other metrics. You can access hundreds of pre-built reports or make a custom report using the Report Builder.
For an extra per-user charge, you can buy the Einstein Analytics add-on if you need more advanced reporting tools for sales managers or CFOs/CROs.
You can access similar analytics tools under the Dashboards tab in Zoho. For example, the Opportunity Monitoring tool gives you a detailed view of all sales operations, including deal size, lead source, information about competitors, and any other metrics you choose. All reports in the Sales, Marketing, Support, and Inventory modules are fully customizable, in addition to the 40+ standard reports available with a click.
Zoho is highly customizable under the Enterprise and Ultimate editions.
Salesforce can customize its contents according to industry type. Retail, hospitality, and consumer packaged goods are perfect examples of which Salesforce can serve. In contrast to Zoho, Salesforce has more customized reports and dashboards.
It’s challenging to integrate Zoho CRM with third-party add-ons, mainly because it doesn’t work with Mailchimp and Gmail. However, Zoho offers help-desk integration for managing small and midsize businesses.
Salesforce can easily integrate with email (Outlook, Mailchimp), Google Apps (Calendar, Events), and social media (Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+). Salesforce’s Document Management System is mighty.
The Basics of Zoho to Salesforce Data Migration
One of the most challenging tasks is to perform efficient data migration to Salesforce. Data migration is the process of moving data from one CRM system to another. However, the most complicated aspect is the work needed before the actual transition.
Data migration can vary greatly depending on the scale, format, and accuracy of the source data. Still, there are three general phases you can use to conduct successful Salesforce data migration.
The success of the entire migration depends on good preparation, so ensure you allocate enough time to complete this process. The more you prepare, the fewer problems you’ll face.
Be aware of the migration challenges:
- The complexity of source data. With a vast amount of data, it’s easy to get lost and create a mess of your source solution’s data.
- The loss of data. Data corruption and failure is a big issue. Even if you lose just one record, your organization could get hurt.
- Testing and validating data. You need a team of data experts for quality assurance, as content management transformation demands it.
So, go through these three steps for a smooth and successful transfer of your data:
- Organize your records
Look at the data structure. Get rid of unnecessary things you won’t be using on your new CRM.
- Get secured
Create a backup and retain it even after the migration to Salesforce is finished. In this way, you can eliminate any possible data loss.
- Notify your employees
Inform your team about the changes and benefits of the new CRM platform and arrange informative meetings and training courses.
Migrate from Zoho to Salesforce
The second step includes the actual transfer of data to Salesforce from the source system. The transition will depend primarily on the number of resources you have at your fingertips, the volume of records you need to migrate, and the source data’s complexity.
Partner with an expert like Trujay to avoid the challenges of migrating on your own.
Trujay is a perfect migration and integration solution that offers Self Service and Custom Migrations. Moreover, Salesforce is our official partner.
With Trujay’s Free Sample Migration, you can migrate a limited amount of records from your existing CRM to your desired target solution. You can see how this process works and, if you like it, start a Full Migration. We do not ask for your credit card information until after you try our system.
How to Migrate from Zoho CRM to Salesforce
- Visit Trujay’s Self-Service Wizard.
- Select the needed CRM platform type from the drop-down menu
- Provide your Zoho email and password
- Click the “Accept” button to allow access to your Zoho account
- Choose Salesforce as your new CRM platform, provide credentials, and click the “Authorize” button. You’ll be redirected to your Salesforce account. If you are already logged in, just click the “Allow” button.
- Choose objects you want to migrate from Zoho to Salesforce, perform user matching, and field mapping independently. All you have to do here is click the ‘Customize Mapping’ button. If everything looks right, click ‘Start Sample.’
Note. For new users, the data fields are automatically assigned using the most common logic.
4. When the Sample Migration to Salesforce is complete, you may evaluate the results. If you’re satisfied, start a full migration. The price of the entire migration will depend on the number of records you want to migrate.
In case something goes wrong and you want to set up mapping on your own or change migration options, click the “Change Fields Mapping” button. Choose data fields to migrate and check individual boxes to migrate your records.
You can re-run your free sample migration and change field mapping as many times as you need at no cost.
Read more about Wizard Migration troubleshooting in our FAQ section.
If you’re unsatisfied with the results of your sample migration or were confused by object mapping, we have something called the Guided Self-Service Migration.
Our Guided Service provides you with an account manager to review the migration and focus on your needs. We can come on and guide you while you’re mapping your fields or do the whole thing for you from start to finish.
If you feel like you can map objects on your own but need assistance after that, we can jump in at any point and guide you through the rest. If you choose to have us complete the entire self-service for you, you’ll see the whole process done via screen share.
To get more information on our Guided Self-Service Migration, contact email@example.com or reply to your sample migration results email. For more details on our Guided Service, check out this page.
Trujay’s Custom Migration Service is a more personal and less DIY-type of approach. Our account managers will guide you through the entire process.
Custom Migrations provide you with a personal account manager, migration setup, customization of migration, migration assistance, and the following features:
- Higher cost
- Almost no limitations
- Very low involvement
- Personal approach
- Little to no time consumed
- Pre/Post-migration validity
- Automated migration process
Custom migration offers the following packages.
What does a ‘personal approach’ mean in terms of Zoho to Salesforce migration?
- Schedule a call and clarify all necessary information about the CRM migration
- Get an overview of the main steps of your data import.
- Get an investigation and analysis of your data migration requirements with the help of our tech team.
- Evaluate your CRM migration details and let us launch the Full migration to the desired CRM
How to Proceed with Zoho – Salesforce Mapping?
You can do the mapping with the help of Trujay. Below, look through the mapping process.
You can perform object selection, users matching, fields mapping with the following options:
- Find out the types of fields in your source and target CRMs that correspond.
- Check if the field is native or custom by hovering over the ‘i’ icon (also available in Simple Mode)
- Check field visibility in CRM UI, meaning see if the field is displayed to the users in the source and target CRM.
- Check the field usage in your source CRM.
- Match dropdown fields values (you can do this with Simple Mode as well)
- Perform advanced mapping for complex fields (similar fields of the same type, like work phone, home phone, mobile phone, etc.)
Read more about how to map objects and their related fields to make the Zoho Salesforce mapping easier.
What data can I migrate from Zoho to Salesforce?
Objects and field mapping may vary according to your demands and business needs. Other objects can be migrated in terms of custom migration.
|Zoho Objects||Salesforce Objects|
|Calls →||Calls (Tasks)|
Tips after the Zoho to Salesforce Migration
Once the migration is complete, you’ll want to go over a few things to optimize Salesforce implementation:
- Check to make sure the items are moved to the right fields.
- Check that the relations between records are intact.
- Provide the required training to your team.
- Set up proper filters for reporting tools.
- Create personalized workflow rules for your team.
Although it is possible to transfer data from Zoho to Salesforce CRM on your own, it is not recommended due to the possibility of data loss or injury. It’s better to use a tool like Trujay to make sure your data is safe.
Introducing a new CRM to a company
While all the tough challenges lie behind, it is necessary to take a few more precautions to ensure that the latest strategy works appropriately. Second, if all the data exchanged is right in the appropriate format, you should sculpt at least one hour to find out. Then you can modify the filters for monitoring software, set up workflow procedures, and start other small modifications and changes.
The acceptance of staff is the most complicated part of the implementation process, and it may take several months for personnel to start using the software to their full capacity. Find the following recommendations for simplifying the learning curve:
- Send examples of the problems with the previous method. Show, for instance, how the old software caused knowledge gaps and revenue declines.
- Try not to give straight away too much preparation. It is safer to provide small quantities of information so that your employees are not overwhelmed.
- Equip users with online tutorials. For example, you can create a Youtube channel to engage your employees.
- Make it fun! Create bonuses and give different awards for the employees who accomplish specific achievements.
You now have a step-by-step instruction on how to migrate data from Zoho to Salesforce. For more articles like these, check out our blog. Wondering what to expect with Trujay’s migration? Download our free handbook.
Proceed with your free Sample Data Migration today. If you have any questions or are looking for a custom migration, feel free to contact our experts.