“The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.”
– Bill Gates
Are you satisfied with your current CRM platform? Are you looking for a new solution to boost your business? If so, this article is for you.
Our case is the migration from Highrise to Salesforce. Why Salesforce? Let’s read on.
Maybe you already know about some features and benefits of Salesforce CRM. Let’s sum up what you can do with Salesforce.
- Close more deals
You get an entire view of your clients, including main contacts, activity history, and customer communications. Use social media to get detailed insights from well-known platforms such as Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter. Get the whole picture of your team’s deals, products, stages, competitions, and quotes.
- Get more leads
Optimize your campaigns across every channel and track your leads. It will help you make smarter decisions about investment. Enhance the bottom of your sales pipeline and marketing productivity with the most accurate data.
- Accelerate productivity
Make your mobile device a portable sales office. You can log calls, respond to hot leads, work opportunities, or check dashboards on-the-go. By using Visual Workflow, you are able to design and automate all business processes with ease.
- Make insightful decisions
Dive into detailed reports with the dashboard’s real-time picture of your business. Get a real-time view of your team’s forecasts. Stay on top of your business using in-line editing, multi-currency support, and override visibility.
Salesforce Success Stats
According to the research for Salesforce’s success:
- Salesforce has up to 20% of the CRM market share
- 31% of Salesforce income derives from Service Cloud sales
- 58% of Salesforce clients want to integrate additional Salesforce clouds
- Salesforce releases new features, products, and updates three times per year. They are called “Winter Release”, “Spring Release” and “Summer Release”
- On average, companies that migrated to Salesforce see a 25% increase in revenue
- Salesforce customers say that their ROI for marketing increase by up to 25%
- With Salesforce, companies see an increase in customer satisfaction by 35%
- Using Salesforce, customer service agents have an increase of 34% productivity
- With Salesforce’s ability to monitor performance in real-time with custom reports and dashboards, sales productivity goes up 44%
Look through the feedback from Salesforce’s clients:
Migrate from Highrise to Salesforce with Trujay
Before the migration:
- Remove all unnecessary information and records before performing a migration from Highrise to Salesforce
- Create a backup to eliminate any possible data loss
- Notify your team members
- Visit Trujay’s Self-Service Wizard for migration from Highrise to Salesforce
- Select the needed CRM platform type from the drop-down menu
- Provide your Highrise API Token, URL, and click the “Test Connection” button
2. Enter Salesforce credentials
- Choose Salesforce as your CRM platform type and click the “Authorize” button. You’ll be redirected to your Salesforce account
- If you are already logged in, just click the “Allow” button
3. Click the ‘Fields Mapping’ button to set up the fields you want to migrate from Highrise to Salesforce. If you’re satisfied with everything, click ‘Free Sample Migration’.
4. Check your sample results after the sample migration from Highrise to Salesforce is complete. If you’re satisfied, click the “Start Full Migration” button.
Note: If you want to change your fields, click the “Change Fields Mapping” button. You can rerun the sample as many times as you need at no cost.
After the migration:
When the migration from Highrise to Salesforce is complete, make sure you:
- Check if the records are transferred to the correct placement
- Look to see if the relations between transferred items are properly restored
- Create personalized workflow rules
- Modify the filters for reporting tools
Another way of migration from Highrise to Salesforce is GUIDED SELF-SERVICE MIGRATION. What is it?
So now you know how the self-service tool works. If you don’t want to use the self-service tool on your own or think that you can’t do this properly, we are here to help you!
Our GUIDED Migration Service allows you to simply pay for 5 hours of technical support and have a dedicated, personal account manager discuss your options, guide you through the mapping process, and/or do the entire Self-Service Migration for you.
We’re always ready to guide you through every step of the self-service tool so that you can feel comfortable and know that you’re doing it right, saving you time and money (and headaches!). For more details on our Guided Service, check out this page.
Now you know that the migration process from Highrise to Salesforce isn’t so difficult, especially with Trujay’s service. For more helpful articles like these, check out our blog. Wondering what to expect with Trujay’s migration? Download our free handbook.