Are you looking to migrate to Zoho CRM? You’ve come to the right blog post to learn how to it easily.
Zoho has 3 divisions:
These provide a robust suite of award-winning, interactive, online business software. Zoho has launched over 33 online applications from CRM to Mail, Office Suite, Project Management, Invoicing, Email Marketing, Social Media Management, and more.
Why start the CRM journey with Zoho?
Zoho is a market leader for more than a decade, with over 150,000 satisfied customers worldwide. Zoho CRM provides its users with a wide range of benefits, most of which relate to closing more sales and attracting more customers. Let’s take a closer look:
Easy of Use
Zoho CRM is user-friendly. You do not need any specific technical skills to use it. The CRM is divided into Leads, Contacts, Vendors, Deals, and more for accurate data management. It provides real-time access to track the selling cycle, size of the deals, competitor profiles, contact history, and so forth.
Wherever you are, Zoho CRM lets you connect to your customers! The CRM can be accessed and used through different channels such as e-mails, social media, phone, live chat, and more. You can receive real-time notifications while you are answering and communicating with any of your clients. This is one way to maintain good contact with your customers and evaluate the effectiveness of interaction.
Integration with Third-Party Applications
Zoho CRM integrates with main Google Apps such as Gmail, Docs, and Calendar and its native integration within the Zoho app suite. Zoho is available to every industry to configure their different needs. You can select from the best third-party plugins and extensions to add to your CRM with the choices available on Zoho Marketplace. Most of them are free during the integration process, with zero codings.
Zoho automates selling activities, turns web users into hot leads, and integrates opportunities from outside sources like trade shows, emails, and seminars. Most of the Zoho CRM sales operations are done with a single click and can be customized to meet your business requirements. Automation of tasks helps cut down on time taken to carry out repetitive tasks.
Zoho’s AI is known as Zia. She helps you handle your CRM in a better, more streamlined way. Zia can capture and summarize the information you want, sum up the effects of your sales activities, automate your team’s tasks, enrich object data, and more. You can call and talk with Zia, as she is a very informative colleague.
Reports and Analytics
Zoho CRM provides an in-depth analysis of your company to make optimized decisions. Track your sales cycle and build maps, goal meters, KPIs, and funnels, based on your company objectives. You can use actionable insights and data-driven decisions to increase your company’s conversion rate. Focus on various regions, target marketing campaigns, and set organizational objectives.
Zoho offers a free plan for up to 3 users without time restrictions and the following editions:
- Standard – $12 per user per month, billed annually
- Professional – $20 per user per month, billed annually
- Enterprise – $35 per user per month, billed annually
- Ultimate Edition – $45 per user per month, billed annually (available only in annual subscription)
Start preparing for the migration to Zoho by going through the various pre-migration activities:
- Filter your database and clean up unwanted records
- Create a backup to prevent the loss of items
- Announce the upcoming CRM update to your team
How to Migrate to Zoho in 4 Easy Steps
Migrate with Trujay. It provides a Free Sample Migration Tool, all-around support, requires no technical skills, and is absolutely effortless on your part.
1. Visit Trujay’s Self-Service Wizard. Select the needed CRM platform type from the drop-down menu.
2. Choose Zoho as your new CRM platform and select the URL of your CRM. Click the “Accept” button to allow access to your Zoho account.
3. Click the ‘Customize Mapping’ button to set up the fields you want to migrate to Zoho. If everything looks good, click “Start Sample.”
4. Check your sample results after the migration to Zoho. If you’re satisfied, click the “Start Full Migration” button.
Note: If you want to modify your fields, click “Change Fields Mapping”; you can rerun the sample as many times as you need at no cost.
Activities after you migrate to Zoho
Even when the migration is complete, it is suggested to carry out a few more post-transfer steps:
- Find out whether all the information is correctly transferred to the appropriate place
- Set up the monitoring tools and workflow software filters
- Provide appropriate user and employees adoption
Congratulations! You know how to migrate to Zoho.
Trujay is a secure service and guarantees punctual and organized data for your migration project. Wondering what to expect with Trujay’s migration? Download our free handbook.
In case you’ve reviewed our self-service tool but don’t want to use the self-service tool on your own, we have your back.
Our Guided Migration Service allows you to pay for 5 hours of technical support. You’ll have a dedicated, personal account manager discuss your options, guide you through the mapping process, and/or do the entire Self-Service Migration for you. For more details on our Guided Service, check out this page.