HubSpot’s Native tool and Trujay’s Self-Service tool differ in various ways. Data migration is the process of moving data from one location to another, one format to another, or one application to another. Generally, this is the result of introducing a new system or location for the data.
You can migrate your CRM data with the help of a CRM’s migration tool or with third-party platforms such as Trujay.
In this article, we’ll discover the differences and the key points you need to pay attention to when you want to migrate your data.
Key Aspects of the Migration Process
Data is usually stored on objects. What is an object? An object is a kind of record that stores a certain category of information. Data are stored in properties on a given object, which provides certain characteristics about its containing entity.
HubSpot CRM focuses on four main objects: Contacts, Companies, Tickets, and Deals. Each represents a different data form and can be connected to the other three in a specific way.
Importing data into a new CRM may seem frightening because there are many moving parts. Logically speaking, nobody wants to lose vital data of a business. There are a few simple ways to get started when migrating to HubSpot CRM. Take into account its cleanliness before importing data, according to HubSpot:
- When you add Contacts and Companies to HubSpot CRM, the system will deduplicate by email address and by Company Domain Name
- There is no deduplication if you add new Deals or Tickets.
- Define and create your custom properties in HubSpot CRM before you start the migration
- When you’re ready to import, start with a small sample set of your data. If you’re satisfied, continue with the rest of the process
Migration with HubSpot’s Native Tool
HubSpot has a native migration tool that is very easy to use and works for simpler use cases. You just need to export your existing CRM data into a .csv file and upload it into HubSpot. You can import contacts, companies, deals, tickets, products, and notes with this approach.
Many of the enterprise and advanced onboarding packages from HubSpot involve services to recommend how best to structure and store your data in HubSpot. If you are an established customer or your onboarding plan does not include these services, HubSpot has a service that will direct you through the process, help you to correctly map your data, and guide you on how best to organize them.
- Overview of HubSpot’s migration tools (File Upload, Salesforce Integration, Third-Party systems, HubSpot Technical Consultant, API Endpoints)
- Review of current CRM data
- Advice on a mapping strategy into HubSpot
- Map your current processes into HubSpot
- Formatting your CSV import files
- Help with import errors
Is your data too extensive to fit into a.csv file, and you don’t have your team ‘s expertise or storage capacity to do the work? Don’t worry- HubSpot offers a service where they’ll migrate your data for you.
How to Migrate Data into HubSpot Using its Native Tool
1.Test the current CRM system and data: HubSpot’s experts will review your existing CRM systems and data, define the data that is necessary to be migrated, and help suggest any maintenance that needs to be done.
2. Design Import Strategy: Experts at HubSpot will build the approach to migrate your data to HubSpot, including-map your data to your new HubSpot process, evaluate the migration technique, and define the timing.
3. Perform test migration: They will perform a test before moving all of your data to validate that they have everything complete and accurate.
4. Perform full migration: When everything is ready, HubSpot will perform the migration and you will be able to use your data in HubSpot CRM
HubSpot is offering a Data Migration Package to make your CRM data import even easier.
This “do-it-for-you” service is sold to you by HubSpot and delivered by us, Trujay, a long time HubSpot Partner.
Migration with Trujay in 3 Ways
Let’s take a look at three main options you have when doing data migration with Trujay.
1. Self-service Migration
Perform the data migration process on your own with Trujay’s Self-Service Wizard. You export, stage, and import data manually. The main features of this option are:
- Free Sample Migration
- Cost-conscious migration
- Quick turnaround
2. Guided Self-Service
If you’re not sure how to proceed using the Self-Service tool, get a Guided Service and we’ll do the entire project for you. Visit our Guided Self-Service Migration and get in touch with our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Characteristics:
- Feel like the Self-Service tool is right for you, but you don’t have the time to do it yourself
- 5 hours of expert support
- Less time-consuming
- Personal account manager
3. Custom Migration
Trujay’s Custom Migration Service is a more personal and less DIY-type of approach. Our account managers will guide you through the entire process. This service caters to those who have a lot of complex data. Custom Migrations provide you with a personal account manager, migration setup, customization of migration, migration assistance, and the following features:
- Higher cost
- Almost no limitations
- Very low involvement
- Little to no time consumed
The main NOTE!
You know that there are main records: Contacts, Accounts (Companies), Deals (Opportunities), Leads; and activities such as emails, notes, tasks, products, and so on.
If you performed the data migration via the vendor’s migration tool for main records and then did it for activities with the help of Trujay, they won’t be attached to main records and relations won’t be saved.
So, before migration with the Trujay Self-Service Migration tool, it’s recommended to clean up your target CRM at first and then launch migration. That way, you won’t need to pay extra money for customization and tech support.
If the cleaning of the target doesn’t suites you, we’ll be happy to help you to migrate your records. The cost will be agreed with the sales experts in accordance with the results of the studied requirements.
To Sum Up
We hope this explanation of the process gave you a better understanding of how we and HubSpot perform data migration.
The most important from the information described above is to clean up your target CRM at first and then launch migration if you migrated your main records with the help of CRM’s migration tool at first.
For more detailed information, you can refer to the Data Migration Handbook: Your Guide to Our Process. Just enter your name and email and download the free PDF-file with ease.