Salesforce is on the path of continuous growth. Customer service is undoubtedly one of Salesforce’s biggest tools in reducing competition from other customer relationship management providers.
According to a survey on probable trends of the 2019 year, we have the following statistics:
- 73% of the world’s top-rated marketers agree that Salesforce’s customer journey strategy has contributed positively to overall consumer satisfaction in the business
- In the next two years, 72% of top-rated marketing companies will boost their spending on marketing tools such as Salesforce
- About 80% of online retailers and marketers believe that email is a key component of business success
- Over 75% of global marketing executives understand the Return on Investment (ROI) from marketing developments related to social media
- Salesforce is involving more than 1,200 companies using cloud platforms in eight countries
Salesforce offers the following editions:
- Essentials: $25/month per user
- Professional: $75/month per user
- Enterprise: $150/month per user
- Unlimited: $300/month per user
If you want to access all the amazing features of Salesforce, improve company profitability and boost sales, then switch to Salesforce.
The Basics of Migration to Salesforce
One of the most difficult tasks is to perform efficient data migration to Salesforce. Data migration is the process of moving data from one CRM system to another. However, the most complicated aspect is the work needed before the actual transition.
Data migration can vary greatly depending on the scale, format, and accuracy of the source data, but there are three general phases you can use to conduct successful Salesforce data migration.
The success of the entire migration depends on good preparation, so make sure you allocate enough time to complete this process. The more you prepare, the fewer problems you’ll face.
Be aware of the migration challenges:
The complexity of source data. With a huge amount of data, it’s easy to get lost and create a mess of your source solution’s data.
The loss of data. Data corruption and loss is a big issue. Even if you lose just one record, your organization could get hurt.
Testing and validating data. You need a team of data experts for quality assurance, as content management transformation demands it.
So, go through these three steps for a smooth and successful migration to Salesforce:
- Organize your records
Look at the data structure. Get rid of unnecessary things you won’t be using on your new CRM.
- Get secured
Create a backup and retain it even after the migration to Salesforce is finished. In this way, you can eliminate any possible data loss.
- Notify your employees
Inform your team about the changes and benefits of the new CRM platform and arrange informative meetings and training courses.
2. Migration to Salesforce
The second step includes the actual transfer of data to Salesforce from the source system. The transition will depend primarily on the number of resources you have at your fingertips, the volume of records you need to migrate, and the complexity of the source data.
Partner with an expert like Trujay to avoid challenges of doing migration on your own.
Trujay is a perfect migration and integration solution that offers Self Service and Custom Migrations. Moreover, Salesforce is our official partner.
With Trujay’s Free Sample Migration, you can migrate a limited amount of records from your existing CRM to your desired target solution. You can see how this process works and, if you like it, start a Full Migration. We do not ask for your credit card information until after you try our system.
1. Visit Trujay’s Self-Service Wizard to perform a free sample migration to Salesforce. Choose your desired CRM systems from the drop-down menu. Make sure you have an active account to authorize CRM.
2. Choose objects you want to migrate or you may change the specific mapping fields on your own. Click the “Customize Mapping’ button. If everything looks right, click ‘Start Sample’.
3. When the Sample Migration to Salesforce is complete, you may evaluate the results. If you’re satisfied, choose an insurance plan and start a full migration. The price of the full migration will depend on the number of records you want to migrate.
In case something goes wrong and you want to set up mapping on your own or change migration options, click the “Change Fields Mapping” button. Choose data fields to migrate and check certain boxes to migrate your records.
You can re-run your free sample migration and change field mapping as many times as you need at no cost.
3. Quality Assurance
When migration to Salesforce is complete, you will need to:
- Ensure that the records are transferred to the proper fields
- Look at the relations between transferred items
- Create personalized workflow rules
- Set up the filters for reporting tools
- Teach your employees how to use a new platform
If your quality control check result is not successful, you’ll need to find out what mistakes have occurred.
Our Self-Service Migration Tool works with free sample migration. In case you’ve reviewed our self-service tool, but you don’t want to use the self-service tool on your own, we have your back.
Our Guided Migration Service allows you to simply pay for 5 hours of technical support. You’ll have a dedicated, personal account manager discuss your options, guide you through the mapping process, and/or do the entire Self-Service Migration for you. For more details on our Guided Service, check out this page.
Wondering what to expect with Trujay’s migration? Download our free handbook