Salesforce is one of the most successful CRM platforms due to its customizability, app marketplace, and its user-friendly interface. As change is constant, Salesforce continues a robust evolution.
Lightning has a lot of hype because it unlocks a number of opportunities for its customers. It includes an enhanced dashboard, intuitive interface, detailed insights, and smoother workflows.
Let’s explore the key distinctions between the two.
Salesforce Classic vs Salesforce Lightning: Critical Comparison
The Classic interface of Salesforce is more suitable for small businesses. Salesforce Classic is focused on the text and the Home tab, where you can see a company’s latest emails, tasks, and posts. It shows a text-centric view of the same information.
Salesforce Classic’s interface overall has great features. Depending on the kind of person you are, it’s good to note a few things.
Salesforce Classic’s interface isn’t too modern and lacks activity timelines and workspace page layouts for leads and opportunities.
It also doesn’t include integrations for Einstein, like opportunity insights, automated contacts, and bot builders. Salesforce Classic’s interface has granular forecasting functions with infrequent updates.
If you’re looking for the following, Salesforce Classic is right for you:
- Customizable dashboards and home page elements
- Online editing of fields
- Support of account managers
- Adding contacts, person accounts, and leads to campaigns from reports
- Advanced filter logic
- Possibility of merging Leads, Contacts, or Accounts
- Opportunity to have the Joined Reports, Details of Matrix Reports, Tables Funnel, and Scatter chart types
- Ability to integrate with any application from the AppExchange
The Lightning UI contains an entire framework for creating modern Salesforce apps and building custom components for the CRM systems’ web interface.
Salesforce Lightning is a mix of easy-to-read text, icons, and graphics that provide a visual snapshot of your business. Salesforce Lightning offers a number of charts and lists and doesn’t rely on text and numbers.
Unlike Salesforce Classic, Salesforce Lightning includes many integrations for Einstein. It provides Einstein opportunity insights, automated contacts and bot builder. Other benefits are granular forecasting functions and frequent updates.
Salesforce Lightning has cool mobile features that are available for desktop users. The home page displays needed information, which guarantees a more intuitive workflow.
Lightning optimizes your chance of landing new clients and increasing your sales process. It’s a superior platform that focuses on growing productivity and conversion rates.
Major Benefits of Salesforce Lightning
The homepage offers a customizable dashboard that includes deals, performance charts, leads, news, and opportunities. You can find the necessary information with ease.
The activity timeline helps you keep track of activity history for each lead or account. This workspace enables users to create events and tasks, send emails, and log calls. Moreover, you don’t need any refreshments of the page to save your updates.
Workspace page layout
With Lightning, you are able to design new types of pages like homepages, app pages, and record pages.
New user-friendly design
The Lightning UI is much more modern and efficient and has rich-text possibilities. All users can be connected to their accounts across any device. Useful features from the mobile experience are available to desktop users.
Smarter visual view
The most important things are put first. With Kanban opportunity, you can review all deals at each stage. Users can receive personalized alerts when the most essential deals are in progress, making the workflow faster and more efficient.
More columns on the dashboard
There are a lot of columns on the dashboard. The components are animated and the users can see open and closed sales deals.
The addition of Einstein Analytics
Einstein Analytics updates its database every hour. On the dashboard, there is a widget editor that is much more accurate and professional and has complex formula calculation capabilities.
Lightning has another big advantage. It provides an enhanced level of security. For example, Lightning components can’t interact with each other.
Salesforce Lightning costs the same as Salesforce Classic. Users of the Classic version will be able to switch to Lightning at no cost.
How to Switch over to Salesforce Classic or Lightning from your Current CRM
Now you have a clearer picture of the distinction between Salesforce Classic and Lightning. If you want to transfer your data from your current CRM to one of the Salesforce platforms, Trujay’s automated migration service can help.
Benefits of Trujay
- Data Security and Privacy. Trujay complies with GDPR requirements. The company guarantees to treat data privately and will not share any of it.
- Easy Migration. Database migration can be done automatically with the ability to restart database migration over.
- Data Mapping. You may set certain fields mapping to meet your business needs. Also, you can go back and change options at any time.
- Various price limits. With Trujay, you will reach all your business goals and budget limitations. You can also estimate your migration price on your own.
- All-around support. Trujay’s support team is ready to support you via emails, phone, and live chats.
- Multilingual service. Trujay is not only in English but supports German, French, and Spanish as well.
- Sample migration. You can explore how the solution works with a free sample migration and transfer the limited number of records with no risk.
Simple step-by-step instructions on how to perform Salesforce data import
- Visit Trujay’s Self-Service Wizard to run a free sample migration. Enter your existing and new CRM system credentials.
- After specifying your current and future CRMs, you can choose objects that you want to import or you may change the specific mapping fields by yourself. Just click the ‘Fields Mapping’ button. If everything is correct, start the free sample migration.
- When the sample migration is complete and you are satisfied with your results, choose an insurance plan and start a full migration.
If something went wrong or you want to change migration options, click the “Change fields mapping” button. You can restart your free sample migration and change fields mapping as many times as you wish at no cost.
Both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience have advantages. Lightning is worth switching to because of its improvements and up-to-date features. If you want to improve your sales processes, then don’t hesitate.
You may transfer a sample of your data to any Salesforce unit with Trujay’s Sample Migration and follow the instructions above. You can also estimate the price of your migration on our site beforehand.
In case you’ve reviewed our self-service tool, but you don’t want to use the self-service tool on your own, we have your back.
Our Guided Migration Service allows you to simply pay for 5 hours of technical support. You’ll have a dedicated, personal account manager discuss your options, guide you through the mapping process, and/or do the entire Self-Service Migration for you. For more details on our Guided Service, check out this page.
If you want to get additional information, contact our support team.