Salesforce to HubSpot Migration: A Detailed Step-by-Step Instruction
Table of Contents:
- Migrate with HubSpot’s Native Tool
- Self-Service Migration
- Guided Self-Service Migration
- Custom Migration
- What is Trujay’s Migration SaaS Licence?
Let’s face it, HubSpot is the hottest ‘spot’ on the CRM market.
Older CRM systems like Salesforce might work for you but may no longer fit the needs of your business. If you’re looking to perform Salesforce to HubSpot migration, here’s how you do it.
Hubspot & Salesforce Comparison
Salesforce and HubSpot have similar characteristics, but they tend to serve different purposes. HubSpot CRM acts as free software to pay sales and marketing teams.
Salesforce CRM is the core platform through which thousands of frameworks, integrations, and features link to the client. You can also check out Salesforce AppExchange, a leading enterprise cloud marketplace with HubSpot-Salesforce best practices.
HubSpot CRM is a perfect solution for businesses that just want an easy setup. HubSpot has many advantages, one of which is the most essential to people: it’s free!
HubSpot’s functions are also good for all-sized companies. Improve your professional skills with free online courses from HubSpot Academy certification courses.
Salesforce is ideal for all-sized companies. It customizes its features depending on the customer’s company size and needs. Salesforce offers a lot of features and helps users understand how to use them all through Salesforce Trailhead Academy.
According to the Salesforce-HubSpot comparison on SoftwareAdvice.com, Capterra, and HubSpot vs Salesforce G2Crowd, HubSpot CRM is estimated at 4.4/5., and Salesforce gets an average customer satisfaction score of 4.07/5.
HubSpot offers all the functionality you need at its marked price, and you pay only for extra revenue-generating sales seats. Free seats are accessible to team members who need company exposure, such as monitoring, without any of the day-to-day features of sales tools.
HubSpot offers a FREE version, and its cost is based on access to its various Hubs:
- Marketing Hub: $50-$3,200 per month
- Sales Hub: $50-$1,200 per month
- Service Hub: $50-$1,200 per month
- HubSpot CMS: $300 per month
Get more information and details about HubSpot pricing.
Salesforce includes paid add-ons for important features. Aligning your marketing and sales teams, granting executives an exposure to reporting, or even allowing your reps to work in a single inbox can cost extra.
Salesforce offers the following editions:
- Essentials: $25/month per user
- Professional: $75/month per user
- Enterprise: $150/month per user
- Unlimited: $300/month per user
Get more information and details about Salesforce pricing.
How to Prepare for the Salesforce to HubSpot CRM data migration
Proper preparation and organization are important to any project, and CRM data migrations are no exception. Consider the following guidelines on how to identify possible Salesforce migration challenges and identify the appropriate activities in advance.
1. Clean up Data
Get to know the organization and management rules of the database before setting up any cleaning or deletion activities. You should distinguish the types of vital information and ensure the consistency and validity of the transmitted data.
Don’t forget that incomplete duplicates can be merged or replaced in such a way that records remain original and consistent.
2. Get Organized
Edit or build your team’s rules for handling data. It’s going to help keep records logically ordered. For example, the organization uses sales targets to ensure that all leads, contacts, and accounts are sorted by location.
3. Know Your Data
Identify the objects you want to migrate to HubSpot and determine how your current CRM differs from your future solution. Let ‘s assume that the data covers past items like old appointments or missing meetings.
4. Create a Backup Plan
Create a backup plan to eliminate any data loss. You may use Trujay’s Data Backup to make your data secure. You can create a sample data backup to see how the service works. The backup process is based on an API request and can take from 5 minutes to several hours, as it depends on your data set and your system’s peculiarities.
5. Map Out the Data
When the specifics of the old framework have been evaluated and updated, continue to compare its records with those available on the future system. Consider each custom field you have developed and evaluate the names of the entities. Build custom data and fields based on your current framework to fit the CRM you’re migrating to resolve the differences you’ve found.
- Find out how to map objects and their related fields.
- For mapping complex data, check out our free guide on objects and field mapping.
6. Test the Salesforce to HubSpot CRM Migration Service
Take advantage of this free trial. The sample applies to the CRM system and the data migration service. Make sure you see that everything flows in the way you planned with Trujay’s Self-Service Tool. You should select a wide enough data set for the sample to identify potential failures. Find out the top 8 reasons why CRM fails and to implement it successfully.
7. Estimate the Migration Price
Visit our online Self Service estimator to estimate the cost of your Self Service Migration. The estimate depends on how many records you have. You can do it to get an estimate on an automated migration or for custom migration.
However, the estimate is not your final migration cost. Final costs are subject to change. The estimator is used to get you the most accurate possible quote.
4 Different Ways to Perform Data Migration from Salesforce to HubSpot
Let’s take a look at four main options to import your CRM data from Salesforce to HubSpot.
1. Migrate with HubSpot’s Native Tool
HubSpot has a native migration tool that is user-friendly and works for simpler use cases. You just need to export your existing CRM data into a .csv file and upload it into HubSpot. You can import contacts, companies, deals, tickets, products, and notes with this approach.
HubSpot is offering a Data Migration Package to make your CRM data import even easier.
This “do-it-for-you” service is sold to you by HubSpot and delivered by us, Trujay, a long time HubSpot Partner.
NOTE! You know that there are main records: Contacts, Accounts (Companies), Deals (Opportunities), Leads; and activities such as emails, notes, tasks, products, and so on.
If you performed the data migration via the vendor’s migration tool for main records and then did it for activities with the help of Trujay, they won’t be attached to main records and relations won’t be saved.
So, before migrating with the Trujay Self-Service Migration tool, it’s recommended to clean up your target CRM at first and then launch the migration. That way, you won’t need to pay extra for customization and tech support.
If the cleaning of the target doesn’t suit you, we’ll be happy to help you to migrate your records. The cost will be agreed upon with the sales experts in accordance with the results of the studied requirements.
2. Self-Service Migration
Trujay’s Self-Service tool is an automated migration that migrates customer data for you, so you don’t have to lift a finger. We bridge the gap between almost all CRM data migrations, including Salesforce and HubSpot.
Perform the data migration process on your own with Trujay’s Self-Service Wizard. The main features of this option are:
- Free Sample Migration
- Cost-conscious migration
- Quick turnaround
- Objects and users matching
- Automated migration process
To perform the Salesforce to HubSpot CRM migration, go through the following steps:
- Visit Trujay’s Self-Service Wizard to perform a free sample migration from Salesforce to HubSpot. Choose HubSpot from the drop-down menu. Make sure you have an active account to authorize CRM.
- Confirm your email address to receive notification about the sample and the results file.
- Choose objects you want to migrate, perform user matching, and field mapping on your own. All you have to do here is click the ‘Customize Mapping’ button. If everything looks right, click ‘Free Sample Migration’.
- If you don’t want to modify anything in the field mapping, click the “Start Sample” button to launch the sample migration right away.
Note. For new users, the data fields are automatically assigned using the most common logic.
- When the Sample Migration to HubSpot is complete, you may evaluate the results. If you’re satisfied, start a full migration. The price of the full migration will depend on the number of records you want to migrate.
In case something goes wrong and you want to set up mapping on your own or change migration options, click the “Change Fields Mapping” button. Choose data fields to migrate and check certain boxes to migrate your records.
You can re-run your free sample migration and change field mapping as many times as you need at no cost.
Read more about Wizard Migration troubleshooting in our FAQ section.
3. Guided Self-Service
In case you’ve reviewed our self-service tool, but you don’t want to use the self-service tool on your own, we have your back.
Our Guided Migration Service allows you to simply pay for 5 hours of technical support. You’ll have a dedicated, personal account manager discuss your options, guide you through the mapping process, and/or do the entire Self-Service Migration for you. For more details on our Guided Service, visit our Guided Self-Service Migration and get in touch with our experts at email@example.com. Characteristics:
- 5 hours of expert support
- Less time-consuming
- Personal account manager
- Automated migration process
4. Custom Migration
Trujay’s Custom Migration Service is a more personal and less DIY-type of approach. Our account managers will guide you through the entire process.
Custom Migrations provide you with a personal account manager, migration setup, customization of migration, migration assistance, and the following features:
- Higher cost
- Almost no limitations
- Very low involvement
- Personal approach
- Little to no time consumed
- Pre/Post-migration validity
- Automated migration process
Custom migration offers the following packages.
What does a ‘personal approach’ mean in terms of Salesforce to HubSpot migration?
The personal approach is aimed at eliminating any possible problems during the CRM migration and ensures to assist you through the transition process. You can:
- Schedule a call and clarify all necessary information about the CRM migration
- Get an overview of the main steps of your data import
- Get an investigation and analysis of your data migration requirements with the help of our tech team
- Evaluate your CRM migration details and let us launch the Full migration to the desired CRM
What is Trujay’s Migration SaaS License?
Migration SaaS License offers the ability to use our migration tool in any way you want. You can have access to a certain amount of migration updates, re-migrations, and support staff during a specific period of time, depending on the chosen license plan.
How to Proceed with Salesforce-HubSpot Mapping?
If you use HubSpot’s Native Migration tool, you can map them to HubSpot as custom properties. This allows you to use the record type for segmentation in HubSpot.
You can map Salesforce record types to HubSpot’s custom objects with one of two field types: single-line text and dropdown select.
- Map Salesforce record types to a custom HubSpot single-line text property (Beginner)
- Map Salesforce record types to a custom HubSpot dropdown select property (Advanced)
You can do the same with the help of Trujay. Below, we’ll describe the mapping process in more detail.
You can perform object selection, users matching, fields mapping with the following options:
- Find out the types of fields in your source and target CRMs that correspond
- Check if the field is native or custom by hovering over the ‘i’ icon
- Check field visibility in CRM UI, meaning see if the field is displayed to the users in the source and/or target CRM
- Check the field usage in your source CRM
- Match dropdown fields values
- Perform advanced mapping for complex fields (similar fields of the same type, like work phone, home phone, mobile phone, etc.)
Read more about how to map objects and their related fields to make the Salesforce HubSpot mapping easier.
What data can I migrate from Salesforce to HubSpot CRM?
Objects and field mapping may vary according to your demands and business needs. Other objects can be migrated in terms of custom migration.
|Salesforce Objects||HubSpot Objects|
|Calls (Tasks) →||Calls|
|Email Messages →||Emails|
|Meetings (Events) →||Meetings|
IntegrateHQ was built to connect any data or system to HubSpot directly, including Salesforce CRM. Being the first specific HubSpot middleware, we have robust experience and profound knowledge behind our native integration projects. We’ve built IntegrateHQ to fit every kind of user. Whether you have little knowledge or clear understanding, our middleware adapts to all levels of technical experience. Our integration background is stealthy, as we’ve worked with Dell Boomi, Workato, and Bedrock Data.
The HubSpot-Salesforce integration allows you to pass data between HubSpot and Salesforce seamlessly, and maintain consistency between your marketing and sales teams. But there are some requirements for HubSpot-Salesforce integration. The integration user installing the HubSpot-Salesforce integration must have the following subscriptions, access, and permissions.
Moreover, it may face HubSpot-Salesforce sync errors, native integration, where you have to adjust HubSpot-Salesforce API calls limits, which prevent data from syncing. You can identify and resolve these sync errors in your Salesforce integration settings. Read more here.
Data Migration: Trujay’s Route
Some people consider data migration as a fast switch of the database from one platform to the new one. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way.
Datasets can be amazingly knotty and complex. In cases where the datasets are small, the use of objects is easy and the custom fields are small. As a result, the migration process can be accelerated. Afterward, you can pursue the migration on your own at the lowest possible cost by using an automated self-service.
How We Get You a Firm Scope
By signing a non-disclosure agreement, you’re ensured that your data will be secure and will not be shared. We delete your data from our servers when our transaction is complete.
- Secure access
We send you an encrypted link and we access your dataset through APIs. We can also request a full data backup or request your target credentials to upload on to our server.
- Efforts determined
Once we have access, our tech engineers start to determine efforts by analyzing scope and complexity.
- Proposal Confirmation
When you have confirmed the proposal and scope of work, we provide you with our MSA (Master Service Agreement). The project begins with an introductory call with your personal account manager, who will be assisting you throughout the whole process.
Milestones of Salesforce to HubSpot Import Process
- A kickoff call. You and your account manager will have a 30-minute video call and use screen-sharing to take a look at the entire project.
- Mapping session. Our tech engineers will cache your data, build your mapping interface, and delete or even merge fields.
- Checking data. Here, we take a subset of data from your database and move it into the desired solution. This involves the mapping logic and any other custom requests. We want to make sure we have it right before moving data in bulk.
- Pushing data. If everything is right, we’ll begin the full migration. On average, this process takes 1-5 days.
- Quality check. Our QA team checks whether all the data landed accurately. They check for errors against the mapping as well as the associations between all objects.
- Delta migration. Your company can continue to work in the current CRM during the migration. When you and your team are ready to stop using the source solution, we comply with the delta migration.
Tips after Migration
Provide Ongoing Training for New CRM Features & Processes
When new CRM features are introduced, it is important to make sure the team is up to date. Without constant planning, the team would not be able to complete tasks with new CRM functionality that could lead to delays and failures. CRM functions’ effort to simplify processes would have been redundant simply because no one knows how to use them.
Estimate Your CRM’s Features
Estimate the implementation of your platform 2-3 months after the start of the CRM. Is that everything you expected? Are you satisfied with your layouts? Many vendors allow users to make small changes to the system in the first few months of use.
It is recommended that the CRM be re-estimated after one year of use. There might be some new fields that you’d like to add. Or there are some features that weren’t needed at the beginning, but now it would be a good thing to have.
Test your HubSpot CRM
Even if you have gone through the migration process smoothly and error-free, you also need to conduct a post-migration audit. Take the time to look for potential problems in your new CRM. Make sure the required data was migrated and the dashboard is working correctly.
That’s it! This is what the Salesforce to Hubspot migration looks like. HubSpot can boost the efficiency of your sales processes as well as improve your customer experience. Perform Salesforce to HubSpot import smoothly and securely using Trujay’s migration service.
So, here’s your Salesforce to HubSpot Migration checklist:
- Clean up Data
- Get Organized
- Know Your Data
- Create a Backup Plan
- Map Out Your Data
- Test the Migration Service
- Estimate the Migration Price
- Choose Salesforce as existing and HubSpot as a future CRM platform
- Enter all required credentials
- Modify the objects you want to migrate
- Start Free Sample Migration
- Evaluate results and launch the Full Migration
- Provide Ongoing Training for New CRM Features
- Estimate Your CRM’s Features
- Test your HubSpot CRM