Salesforce’s Ant Migration Tool and Trujay’s Self-Service Tool are automated platforms, but couldn’t be more different.
In this article, we’ll discover the differences and the key point you need to pay attention to when you want to migrate your data using a third-party platform.
Salesforce’s Ant Migration Tool
The Ant Migration Tool is a Java/Ant-based command-line utility for moving metadata between a local directory and a Salesforce organization. You can use the Ant Migration Tool to retrieve components, create the scripted deployment, and repeat deployment patterns.
The general procedure is needed to follow while doing data migration for one Salesforce organization to another:
- First, Salesforce’s experts have to make sure that you have Ant relocation device in your system
- It’s required to give subtleties of the qualifications and the sort of metadata you need to move
- It’s needed Java and Apache Ant located on your framework
- The next is to stack the accreditation of both the Salesforce organization in the document called ‘build.properties’
- The certification that gives is that it goes to the record ‘build.xml’. Salesforce’s experts can give subtleties of the metadata that the techs need to move to the org. It could be anything i.e classes, custom, and standard items, custom fields, etc.
- Salesforce can give these subtleties in the document ‘package.xml’
- By giving every one of subtleties, it’s possible to recover the information from Salesforce org & utilize the order of ‘insect retrieveUnpackaged’ and pursued by ‘subterranean insect deployUnpackaged’ after the recovering has been effectively done by the process.
- Before doing the above, Salesforce’s experts have to make sure that the path has been set up to the directory of the ‘unpackaged’ folder.
You can find how to download and install the Salesforce Migration Ant tool here.
CRM Data Migration with Trujay
Let’s take a look at three main options you have when doing data migration with Trujay.
1. Self-Service Migration
Perform the data migration process on your own with Trujay’s Self-Service Wizard. You export, stage, and import data manually. The main features of this option are:
- Free Sample Migration
- Cost-conscious migration
- Quick turnaround
2. Guided Self-Service
If you’re not sure how to proceed using the Self-Service tool, get a Guided Service and we’ll do the entire project for you. Visit our Guided Self-Service Migration and get in touch with our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Characteristics:
- Feel like the Self-Service tool is right for you, but you don’t have the time to do it yourself
- 5 hours of expert support
- Less time-consuming
- Personal account manager
3. Custom Migration
Trujay’s Custom Migration Service is a more personal and less DIY-type of approach. Our account managers will guide you through the entire process. Custom Migrations provide you with a personal account manager, migration setup, customization of migration, migration assistance, and the following features:
- Higher cost
- Almost no limitations
- Very low involvement
- Little to no time consumed
The main NOTE!
You know that there are main records: Contacts, Accounts (Companies), Deals (Opportunities), Leads; and activities such as emails, notes, tasks, products, and so on.
If you performed the data migration via the vendor’s migration tool for main records and then did it for activities with the help of Trujay’s tools, they won’t be attached to main records and relations won’t be saved.
So, before migration with the Trujay Self-Service Migration tool, it’s recommended to clean up your target CRM at first and then launch migration. Then you won’t need to pay extra money for customization and tech support.
If the cleaning of the target doesn’t suites you, we’ll be happy to help you to migrate your records. The cost will be agreed with the sales experts in accordance with the results of the studied requirements.
To Sum Up
We hope this explanation of the process gave you a better understanding of how we and Salesforce perform data migration.
The most important from the information described above is to clean up your target CRM at first and then launch migration if you migrated your main records with the help of CRM’s migration tool at first.
For more detailed information, you can refer to the Data Migration Handbook: Your Guide to Our Process. Just enter your name and email and download the free PDF-file with ease.